Saturday, August 16, 2014

Soft and Moist Butter Cake

Thank you, Mrs Ng SK for sharing your well known butter cake.  Using Mrs Ng SK's butter cake recipe, I try it on my new baking tin but think I need to bake it slightly longer to have a darker brown layer.  Also for the method, I did not use the egg separation method instead use the normal cake baking method.


Recipe adapted from Mrs Ng S K's butter cake

Ingredients:
I am using half recipe portion

115g unsalted butter
2 eggs (100g)
100g castor sugar
100g self raising flour, sifted
30ml milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste

Method:
1. Beat butter and sugar in mixer till fluffy
2. Add egg one at a time. Then add vanilla bean paste and milk.
3. Add in sifted flour and beat till incorporated
4. Pour batter into 6" cake tin.
5. Bake at preheated oven at 160 deg for 30 mins.




No comments:

Post a Comment