Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hae Bee Hiam ( Dried Shrimp Sambal Belacan Chilli)

I have goggle for a few recipe and made a comparison before I made the adjustment to the ingredients proportion to suit my level of spicy.  Most of the ingredients I use Diana Gale's recipe as reference. Her recipe is stated on her website http://www.thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com

Here is my Hae Bee Hiam with adjusted proportion of the ingredients made.



My amended ingredients proportion:
125g dried shrimp
50g shallot
6 cloves garlic
7 red chilli, deseed
4 bird's eye chilli
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
10g belacan

Method: (I follow same method as Diana Gale)
1. Soak shrimps in water for 20mins.  Drain and set aside.
2. Cut garlic, shallots and chillis into pieces.  Blend it in blender. Add about 1/2 cup of water if needed.
3. Add dried shrimps in small batches and continue blending.
4. Add sugar and salt.  Stir to mix.
5. Heat pan and toast belacan till fragrant. Pour oil in and fry awhile with the belacan.  Pour the blended ingredients in and fry until mixture is dry and dark brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment