Friday, July 24, 2015

Fried Oyster Omelette 耗煎

This recipe was from a blog but in my note I forgotten to write down the blog link.  I have been using this same recipe whenever I fry oyster omelette.  For my portion, I always had it without the oysters as I am not a oyster lover at all.


Ingredients:
10 -12 pcs oysters
110g sweet potato flour
270ml water
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1tbsp of cornflour
1/2 bowl water
sambal chilli, optional
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce to taste
4 tbsp oil
coriander leaves, for ganish

Method:
1. Wash oyster and pat dry using kitchen paper.
2. Mix cornflour with half bowl of water. Add in oysters. Make sure water level is above the oysters.
3. Mix sweet potato flour with 270ml water and set aside. Batter should be thin and runny.
4. Heat pan with oil till very hot.
5. Add in sweet potato flour mixture bit by bit over the whole pan. Leave some gap in between.
6. When the base of the flour mixture become translucent, quickly add in beaten eggs. 
7. When eggs becomr lightly brown, turn the cooked flour and egg to fry till both side is lightly brown. Break into smaller pieces.
8. You can fried it for longer time if you want it more crispy but need to add more oil.
9. Push the cooked flour and eggs to the side of the pan. Leave the centre empty. Add in the oysters (without the cornflour mixture) at the centre and stir fry.
10. Add in fish sauce to taste. Give a few stir. Off heat and serve.

NOTE:  This is for 2 person portion. My pan is normal so i split the ingredients into half and fry two time.

No comments:

Post a Comment