Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Char Siew 2

Today I made a minor adjustment to the char siew recipe that I always use.  Now I really love the glossy look of the char siew I made.


                                     



Recipe amended from my previous post http://tiffydelicatessen.blogspot.sg

Char Siew (using Philip Airfryer)
Ingred:
250g - 300g Pork Belly (without the skin)

Marinates:...
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce

Heap of 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1tbsp Rose Wine
1tsp Light Soya Sauce
1tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1tbsp Honey
4tbsp Sugar (or 1/4 cup sugar)
1tsp Sesame Oil
Dash of Pepper

Method:
1) Marinate Pork with marinates for at least 4hrs or overnight.( Usually I marinate overnight in the fridge)
2) Preheat airfryer to 200deg for abt 5min.
3) Shake off excess char siew sauce before roasting in airfryer. Put the char siew in basket and roast for 10min( depend on the size of your pork).
4) Then lower the temperature to 160deg and roast for another 10-20min until it is slightly charred

Note: Time varies depend on personal taste preference and size of meat









No comments:

Post a Comment