Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Chinese Cabbage Rice

My late grandmother can cook very fragrant cabbage rice and I am glad today I finally cook it for my family.  Even my 5 years old boy said it is nice.  I am very happy as it is my first attempt and the end result I like it too.


Pan fry pork belly before setting aside



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup of rice, drain it with water
4 chinese mushroom, soak in water
1 small handful of dried shrimp, soak till soft
About 200g of cabbage, slice to smaller pieces
200g pork belly, sliced thinly
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
Some salt
Dash of ground pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced

About 1.5 cup of water from soaking mushroom and dried shrimp to cook the cabbage rice in rice cooker

Method:
1. Soak chinese mushroom and dried shrimp separately with water till soften. Drain and set aside. Do not throw away the water. Slice the mushroom thinly.
2. Heat wok and stir fry pork belly till lightly brown.  Dish up and set aside.
3. With the remainding oil from the pork belly in the wok, fry garlic till fragrant.
4. Add in dried shrimp and mushroom and stir fry for few minutes.
5. Add in cabbage and fry for a minute.
6.  Add in the light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, salt and pepper and stir fry to mix.
7. Add in the rice and stir fry for 1 minute to mix well with all the ingredients.
8. Then pour all into a rice cooker.  Add the water from soaking the mushroom and dried shrimp to cook the cabbage rice in rice cooker.



No comments:

Post a Comment