Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pandan Chiffon (Improved Recipe) - Cooking Method

I did a comparison with the earl grey lemon chiffon recipe and this time I used the pandan chiffon recipe that I have bake before and amend the recipe.  I am glad with the amendment I made to the recipe.  This amended recipe, I added baking powder and also use cream of tartar.





See how high it rise

Preparation of homemade pandan juice 1 day in advance

Cut 20 pandan leaves into small pieces

Blend it.  Add water till the blender can start blending the leaves

After blend, squeeze out all the juice.  To keep in fridge overnight

See the thick pandan juice at the bottom which is use in my pandan chiffon

Original recipe that I always used : pandan-chiffon-cooking-method

Here is the amended version:

Ingredients:
Egg Yolk - 5 nos
Coconut milk - 70g
Pandan juice - 40g
(Blend fresh pandan leave with water, cover and chill in the fridge overnight. The juice at the bottom of the bowl is the best, thickest and most fragrant)
Butter - 50g
Cake flour - 90g
1tsp Baking Powder
Optional - 1/8 tsp pandan paste (I totally omit it)

Egg white - 5 nos
Castor Sugar - 80g
1/4tsp Cream of Tartar

Method:
Preheat oven at 170 deg C
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Cook coconut milk, butter and pandan juice together till butter melted, while is warmed add in sifted flour and mix well.
3. Follow by egg yolks, add in slowly and mix well, set aside.
4. Whisk egg whites till foamy and add in cream of tartar. Add in sugar in 3 batches. Whisk till stiff peak.
5. Add in 1/3 meringue into the cooked dough and fold well with hand whisk
6. Pour this mixture back to the balance meringue and fold well using spatula till the mixture is well mix.
7. Pour into a 20cm chiffon mould, bake at 170 deg C for the 1st 10min, then use 150 deg C bake for 35 mins.
7. Invert the cake to cool, unmould when completely cooled. I used hand to unmould.

(Oven Temp depend on individual oven)

1 comment:

  1. It’s my first time to visit this site & I’m really surprised to see such impressive stuff out there.visit us

    ReplyDelete